Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Back Stack... Preview!

Well, it's Tuesday, and while I am going to make my first official blog this Saturday in the form of the WWEekly Wrap-Up for the week ending November 19, 2011, I wanted to touch base with you on what to expect on Tuesdays typically here on the blog.

Basically, I'll give you my thoughts on the comics I pull every Wednesday, as well as give you a preview of books that I am looking forward to tomorrow on New Comic Day.  The format will be similar to Linkara's "That's All I'm Saying," only in text format.  Why am I doing this for Tuesdays instead of ASAP after the release?  Well, I have other hobbies I like taking part in including video games, wrestling, sports on TV, movies, games, and other stuff I actively engage in... not to mention I can be just flat-out lazy sometimes... a lot of times... most of the time... and I probably can't read as fast as Linkara.  If you want to see the level of greatness I hope to aspire to with my weekly pull thoughts, check out his blog at "Atop The Fourth Wall" where That's All I'm Saying is exclusive to.

As for me?  What are my tastes in comic books?  Well, unlike Linkara, I tend to lean more towards Marvel when it comes to comics.  Now, that doesn't mean I don't like DC.  Far from it.  I love DC.  But Marvel was my first and I have more heroes there that I enjoy.  Expect to see a lot of X-Men books here too.  The X-Men were my intro to the wonderful world of the Big Two comic makers and are the stars of my all-time favorite comic, The Dark Phoenix Saga, which I still proudly own.  As for my first overall comic?  Well... it was Sonic the Hedgehog #2 of the Archie series.  And yes, I still read it.  Through the series' ups and downs, being the first comic I ever read, I still collect it.  Although, right now, I think we're going through it at its most two-faced.  I'll get more into my mixed feelings about Sonic the Hedgehog when we come down to it and I think the next issue of the main series will be a great example of it.

Now, I'll try to stick with the weekly pull, but sometimes I'll pick up a new trade too.  I'll TRY to review those too.

Also, after I've throught it out some more, I'll make a list of my comic recomendations for all to enjoy and laugh at.

I'll sum up the Thursday Grave Issues blogs on Thursday and let you know what exactly I'll be reviewing then.  Here's a hint though... I'm gonna take you back to the past... to play a game that kicked my ass...

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment